Laser cutting is one of the most accurate of methods available for cutting both thick and thin metal with great accuracy. Laser cutting uses a focused laser beam is used to melt material in a localised area. At the same time a co-axial gas jet blows the molten material from the cut. This allows a continuous cut to be produced either by moving the workpiece or laser beam controlled by CNC (CNC stands for computer numerical control). It can also be used with a wide range of other materials. We offer a first class and professional service where our engineering skills are complimented by our understanding of the many diverse applications of finished products.
Carlton Laser have automated laser cutting machines capable of very sophisticated and individually programmable machining. We can tackle jobs most others would find difficult.
We are able to take your drawings, or even just a part, we can programme our machine using cad-cam facilities. We can work from your drawings supplied either by hard copy, DXF floppy disc, or emailed format.
The principal benefits of the CLS laser cutting service:
- Short lead times
- No tooling costs
- Rapid Preparation of CNC Programme and Design
- Narrow kerf widths
- Minimal material distortion
- Low cost repetition
- Low set up costs and quick set-up
- High quality cut does not need finishing
- Wide range of materials can be profiled
- Can produce simple or complex parts
- No abrasive contact leaves no marks
- Quick set up – small batches
- Can cut almost any material
For further details on Laser Cutting please refer to the Plant Capability List on this site.